Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Salzburg Part II

On Sunday morning we went to Salzburg Cathedral for Mass. The entire Mass was in German. It would have been beautiful but I was exhausted and ill so I definitely didn't appreciate it as much as I should have.

After Mass we went to lunch, again at Restaurant Sternbrau. We had a lovely soup that seems to be served in all Austrian restaurants, then veal and noodles, then for dessert . . . white cheese strudel!

We then hopped on the bus and stopped at Mondsee where there is the Church where Maria and Captain Von Trapp are married in The Sound of Music and the lake from The Sound of Music. The Church was beautiful but the aisle was much shorter than it looks in the movie so I was kind of disappointed about that. It probably also would've helped if I'd been feeling better. I had a full fledged cold at this point and would've preferred to stay asleep on the nice warm bus. I then started to head down to the lake but the closer I got the colder it got so I turned around and went back to the bus.

That's pretty much all exciting that happened on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment