Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wednesday

Wednesday was orientation day here at the Kartause. The morning began with two orientation meetings after which I entered the lobby to find my lost luggage! Thankfully a kind gentleman was passing at the moment so I didn't have to carry the almost 50 pound bag all the way up to the second floor. It sounds silly, but I was really rather overjoyed when I opened my bag to see all my missing items!

I then took a short nap before our mandatory alcohol awareness meeting. Which I kept dozing off during which is ok cuz I'm not planning to drink anyway! After that we all received free Austrian cell phones to use during the 4 months we're here. We then headed down to ground floor to pick up our textbooks.

After that I attempted to catch up on this blog but that clearly didn't work out too well. We then broke into small groups for a walking tour of the town of Gaming. It was a mostly practical tour, with the R.A.'s showing us such sites as the bank, doctor's office, and drug store. However, I intend to go back at some point to take photos of the more picturesque areas of the town.

After returning to the Kartause I was finally able to speak to my mommy!!!!!!

And that was most of the excitement for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment